Our Place programs target personal growth through social skills development and immersion in community life. Participants learn and practice these skills with one another in social settings and with typical peers and community members. Our programs include classes, clubs, and recreational activities as well as service projects that support and improve the community.
Our Place programs provide:
• Opportunities and supports to make and sustain friendships;
• Individualized life coaching to attain personal goals;
• Meaningful work and job training in community settings;
• Ongoing development of cognitive and life skills;
• Classes and clubs to pursue individual interests;
• Sports, fitness, and recreation activities, including Special Olympics teams.
Examples of our weekly programs include:
• Vocational and service projects at local food pantries, libraries, and retirement centers;
• Sports and fitness activities such as basketball, bowling, swimming, yoga/movement, and going to a local fitness center;
• Clubs for art, singing, writing, and reading
• Our “Saturday Socials”, a weekly dance party.